Hutchesons’ is committed to providing a safe, secure and nurturing environment in which children will flourish.
By supporting and challenging children through a rich, active play - based curriculum, we ensure that every child fulfils his or her potential.
Underpinning all that Hutchesons’ represents are our six core values - Honesty, Resilience, Independence, Curiosity, Creativity and Compassion - which shape our vision for Pre-School education.
Our aim is to;
- Foster and develop children’s creativity and curiosity, giving them time to explore and shape their own ideas.
- Promote self-confidence, independence and an inquisitive mind-set, sowing the seeds for life-long learning.
- Identify opportunities for children to discover and gain a better understanding of the wider world and their place in it.
- Develop an awareness of self and others, leading to an understanding of the value of mutual respect and cooperation.
- Provide a broad-based, balanced curriculum incorporating key skills to ensure a seamless transition to Primary 1.
- Encourage an open and positive partnership between nursery, home and the wider community.
Above all, our key priority is the happiness, health and well-being of every child in our care.
The Hutchesons' Pre-school class, which will have a maximum of 16 pupls, is term-time only and is located in the existing Junior School with additional green outdoor educational space to the front of the building.
The pre-school day with an 8am soft start and the pick up time is 3pm. Wrap Around Care by fully qualified early learning practicioners will be available until 6pm. While the pre-school is term-time only, Oscars Childcare Holiday Camp, which operates from the senior school during the Easter and Summer holidays, will be available to Hutchesons' pre-school pupils from Summer 2019.
An application form can be downloaded here and should be returned with a one-off registration fee of £25 to: Admissions Registrar, Hutchesons' Grammar School, 21 Beaton Road, Glasgow, G41 4NW.
Pre-school application form
Pre-school launch letter