SQA exam results 2018
Hutchesons’ pupils are celebrating another successful academic year with a fantastic set of SQA results – 68% of all S5 Highers were awarded grade A.
An impressive 40% of S5 pupils received 5 A grades or more. 20% of the pupils gained 6 Highers at grade A.
Rector Colin Gambles said:
The consistent academic strength of the school continues to shine through. The staff and pupils have worked hard together to sustain, for the third year running, a hugely impressive and record-equalling 68% of all S5 Highers awarded at grade A.”
The S4 Nat 5 results were equally impressive – 78% of all Nat 5 at grade A and 91% at grade A&B.
Five [and a sixth awaiting STEP paper] pupils have received their places at Oxford and Cambridge and 40% of pupils will enter other Russell Group Universities.
We would also celebrate the many personal triumphs that are not recognised in the following headlines:
- one pupil gained seven straight As at Higher,
- 20% of the Fifth Year gained 6 As at Higher and another 20% gained 5 grade As.
These results are again made possible by our unique curricular structure that routinely allows the study of six Highers.
The future is looking bright: the Fourth Year have performed really strongly with four-fifths grade A at National 5.
- Maintained our record high H pass levels.
- Proof of our consistent academic strength.
- For 3 years 68% of all Fifth Year Highers obtained grade A (before any marking review).
- 1 pupil with 7 grade As
- 20% of Fifth Year obtained 6 Highers at grade A
- 40% of Fifth Year obtained at least 5 grade A Highers
- On average 5.0 Highers per candidate