Winter Fair Weekend
The Hutchie Winter Fair makes a welcome return this year and it’s bigger and better than before.
Held across, not one, but two days, we warmly invite you to join us for our Winter Fair Weekend from Friday 15th – Saturday 16th December for a festive extravaganza to celebrate the end of term and support our school charities.
We will be adding stall updates to this page as we approach the Winter Fair Weekend, but the below offers a sneak peek of what to expect on each day, and don’t forget – bring lots of change!
Friday 15th December
Kingarth Street Main Hall, 1.30pm – 3pm
Children throughout the school are busy creating items to sell in the Main Hall. There will be a variety of stands selling festive items, gifts, a raffle and much more! There will also be entertainment from various performers and children singing festive songs.
- Pupil stalls selling sweet treats, Christmas decorations and crafts.
- Parent stalls SHOP — H Y G G E M E and McTavish Collection Jewellery
Delicious mince pies, teas and coffees will be served in the dining hall for parents from 2.30 until 3pm.
All funds raised in support of Children’s Hospices Across Scotland (CHAS). CHAS is the Primary School main school charity this session. For thirty years CHAS have been offering a full family support service for babies, children and young people with life-shortening conditions. This includes palliative care, family respite and support – through their hospices, homecare services and hospital presence.
Saturday 16th December
Beaton Road Assembly Hall, 10am – 2pm
- A selection of goodies from local businesses
- Sweet treats and hot drinks
- Tombola and raffle
- Pupil and teacher crafts and enterprise ventures:
- Jumpersons’ (limited edition Hutchie sweatshirts)
- J8 (festive crafts)
- Festive crafts
- Development Office
- The Hen House – Knotted Jewellery
- Fashion accessories (fabric collars, scrunchies, hair pins)
- Jewellery – Ms Lovell’s group / Lylah and friend / Ailsa
- Braid bar/Glitter tattoos
- Welded Bestie Bracelets
- Zara and Abi’s Gifts
- Greenpower F24 Challenge Engineering group (wooden decorations)
- Pre-loved Pop-Up fashion
- Molten: Molten is an Enterprise group by some of our S4 pupils who have beautifully hand-crafted soy wax candles. Bringing the pupils together to develop the idea and learn a new set of skills in hand pouring candles, Molten was created. Their candles which will be available for £8 each, or £9.50 with gift wrap. Scents available are: Cinnamon, Vanilla, Frankincense and Myrrh, Frankincense and Allspice, Oud Wood, and Christmas Tree.
- Art Stall selling items with designs from our senior Art pupils: A5 notebooks, large square scarf, small and large cushions, tea-towels and coasters.
All funds raised in support of Cure Leukaemia. Cure Leukaemia is our school charity in the Secondary School. This charity is very close to us as our Hutchie family has been be affected by cancer. One of our own pupils was diagnosed with Leukaemia in 2020 and was helped by the charity throughout treatment. Cure Leukaemia is a national blood cancer charity providing patients with access to new, potentially lifesaving treatments by facilitating clinical trials.
Save the date and get ready to pick up stocking fillers, seasonal treats and find those last-minute gift ideas. We look forward to welcoming you on what will surely be a wonderfully festive weekend.